The Commonwealth philosophy is based on shared responsibilities and rewards. Nowhere is this commitment more vital than in the areas of health and safety.
Commonwealth continues to maintain exemplary safety performance, extending the company’s incident-free record with zero recordable incidents in 2011. The National Council on Compensation Insurance (NCCI) has assigned Commonwealth an Experience Modification Rating (EMR) of .73 for 2012.
Our safety services have often encompassed oversight of client and subcontractor safety performance as it did for a major refinery expansion in Louisiana. By the end of the multiple projects involved, Commonwealth had distinguished itself among the top 5 percent of all U.S. companies tracked by the National Safety Council and had acquired two Safe Million Man-hour Achievement Awards from the American Society of Safety Engineers on the way to logging more than three million total safe hours on the project overall. Commonwealth also received the Most Distinguished: Safety Excellence through Training Achievement from the Safety Council of East Texas, which only presents one of these awards per year.
Additional safety recognition for Commonwealth’s safety initiatives are listed below:
National Petroleum Refiners Association
- Contractor Merit Award: 1.8MM Man-hours without a Lost Time Accident
- Contractor Merit Award: 1.4MM Man-hours without a First Aid Incident
National Safety Council
- Occupational Excellence Award
- Perfect Record Award
- Safety Leadership Award
- 1.4MM Man-hours without a First Aid Case
- 2MM Man-hours without an OSHA Recordable
- 3.3MM Man-hours without a Lost Time Accident
- 11 Safety Milestone Achievement Awards
- Most Distinguished: Industry Leader for having an Annual Incident rate lower than other companies in our North America Industry Classification System Code
American Society of Safety Engineers
- 6 Milestone Man-hour Achievement Awards
Safety Council of East Texas
- 2 Safety Achievement Awards for having Incident Rates 50% below the National Average
- Award for becoming a Safety Excellence company through training, Award finalist
- 3 Milestone Man-hour Achievement Awards